BRANDING AND MERCHANDISE LICENSING
Our attorneys assist clients in establishing and protecting their brands by providing strategic counseling with respect to their copyrights, trademarks, service marks and domain names and in implementing domestic and foreign registration programs. We represent creators and owners of comic, toy, entertainment and other properties as well as licensees and licensing consultants. Our services include:
• Registering, managing, and protecting trademarks, service marks, copyrights, domain names and other intellectual property;
• Counseling prospective merchandise licensees on drafting and negotiation of master toy license agreements, merchandise license agreements and publishing agreements;
• Maximizing opportunities for commercial exploitation through licensing, publishing, royalty agreements, television broadcast, film production, branding, merchandising, website development, and product placement in films, television and other entertainment ventures;
• Negotiating and drafting agreements for domestic and foreign merchandise license consultants and agents;
• Overseeing the clearance of licensed content to avoid risks of defamation, claims of intellectual property (copyright, service marks, trademarks) infringement, and violations of privacy and publicity rights;
• Enforcing intellectual property rights through infringement claims, cease and desist letters, arbitration and litigation.