Our attorneys provide practical, strategic, and cost-effective business solutions to help our clients grow their businesses from inception to exit, including entity selection, financing, operations and dissolution. We work with individuals and businesses of all types, ranging from single-person start-ups to well-established companies. Our services include:
• Advising entrepreneurs and investors on business entity selection (e.g., incorporation, limited liability company, limited partnership, joint venture, etc.) and on capital structures;
• Advising, negotiating and drafting the organizational agreement appropriate for the form of entity chosen by the client (e.g., shareholder agreements, operating agreements, joint venture agreements);
• Counseling on bank financing, secured transactions, private placements, and joint ventures;
• Advising clients on the purchase, sale, finance and protection of their businesses and their intellectual property, including trademarks, copyrights, service marks, and trade secrets;
• Drafting and negotiating commercial lease agreements, executive employment agreements, Human Resource policies and employment manuals, non-disclosure agreements, purchase and sale agreements, and sales, marketing and distribution agreements.
NOT FOR PROFIT
Our attorneys represent individual donors, private foundations and public charities, including charitable trusts, grant-making organizations, museums, theater companies, music and arts associations, educational organizations, and other advocacy groups. Our services include:
• Preparing applications and formation documents in order to obtain state and federal tax-exempt status, including 501(c)(3) qualification;
• Drafting and negotiating endowment, affiliation, fund-raising, and other agreements;
• Structuring gifts, grants, and other charitable giving to comply with all regulations and to meet an organization’s financial goals;
• Advising tax-exempt organizations on governance issues, such as fiduciary duties of board members and officers, charters, indemnification rights, and conflict of interest issues;
• Preparing and structuring policies for tax-exempt organizations, including by-laws, conflict of interest policies, compensation policies, and investment policies;
• Providing general corporate services (see Corporate section above).